Home » Employment Opportunities
Revell, America's leading manufacturer of plastic hobby kits is looking for an experienced 3D CAD Designer to create component parts for our model kits. This position requires a strong background in creative design and the necessary artistic skills to develop 3D CAD files in reduced scale working from photos and measurements from actual car parts. A personal interest in performance cars (muscle cars, customs cars, and hot rods), planes or military vehicles and building plastic models of the same is highly desirable. This is a unique opportunity to work with the best model development team in the business.
As a CAD Designer:
Key Requirements for the position:
- Create 2D & 3D CAD parts designs to be used for the creation of pattern models or cutting part designs for the creation scale model hobby kits.
- Translate and interpret research material, outside engineering drawings and other data into detailed, dimensional tolerance parts designs.
- Organize design packages for outside vendors including drawings, photos, specifications and related information for pattern models and mold construction.
- Review test shots of parts and revise designs as necessary throughout the product development process.
- Organize and maintain engineering drawings and CAD files to assure proper recordkeeping of designs.
Other desired qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in professional engineering parts design.
- Proficiency in 2D & 3D design software applications such as KeyCreator, Autocad, Solidworks and Pro/E.
- Knowledge of plastics and die cast, mold construction and other manufacturing processes.
- Experience with high-tolerance parts and multiple parts assemblies.
- Knowledge and experience in using digital cameras and photographic software.
- Strong conceptual thinking ability.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and Internet research skills.
- In-depth experience in all facets of engineering design for dimensional tolerance and multiple parts assembly.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work within a team environment.
- Technical degree in Engineering Design or Drafting Technology.
- Experience in the toy industry and toy design.
- Ability to accurately replicate real-life subject matter into scale models.
- Familiarity with hobby models.
- Interest in Performance, Muscle, Classic and Hot Rod full size automobiles.
- Interest in historical and military vehicles.
Seeking a Licensing Coordinator to assist in the administration of existing product licensing agreements with the growing needs of our business.
As Licensing Coordinator:
The successful candidate will possess:
- Assist Licensing Manager with administering existing and new product licensing agreements.
- Ensure decals, packaging and final product are in compliance with licensor contracts.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly licensing reports.
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Basic understanding of intellectual property and trademarks.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Associates' Degree in Business preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and salary history by e-mail to email@example.com. All submissions will be considered confidential.
To review positions available at our parent company, please visit the Hobbico Employment Opportunities Page.