Home » Online Catalog » Model Kits » Aircraft » Historic Pre-World War II
1/48 P-51D Mustang Plastic Model Kit
Product ID: 85-5241
Skill Level: 4
The most common version of the Mustang family was the P-51D, with over 7,956 being manufactured. The 78th Fighter Group's most colorful P-51D was assigned to their last wartime group commander, Lt. Col. John D. Landers. His aircraft was called the Big Beautiful Doll. Features: Lift off engine panel and wing machine gun access panel, waterslide decals. 1/48 Scale. Skill Level 2-requires paint and glue (not included).
- Bubble canopy on a cut down fuselage spine, providing excellent visibility.
- "Paper laminated" drop tanks.
- Lift off engine panel and wing machine gun access.
- Authentic silkscreen waterslide decals for Miss Marilyn II, flown by 1st Lt. E. Robt. Welch and Big Beautiful Doll, flown by Col. John Landers; each version sports a unique checkered pattern on the nose.
- Molded in light gray and clear.
© 1995-2017 Revell Inc. A subsidiary of Hobbico, Inc.