Home » Online Catalog » Pinewood Derby®
Hot Rod Racer Kit
Product ID: RMXY8641
One-a-kind custom looks meet all-out speed!
Nobody knows exactly where the name “hot rod” came from, but we do know that the very first hot rods appeared ‘way back in the 1930s. They started with a “stock” car — say a Model T or Model A. Then the changes began. Hoods, trunks, bumpers were removed to reduce weight…and the engines were usually “souped up” or replaced to push horsepower to the limit. The result: lightweight wonders with unique looks and wailing top-end speeds.
Revell’s Hot Rod kit gives you a head start on creating a hot rod racer of your own. You start with a preshaped body and sandpaper to smooth it down. Official, race-legal wheels and axles to carry you to victory. Weights to keep you legal. And the parts you need to make your ‘rod look like the real thing.
And the Hot Rod is just one of the choices Pinewood Derby® has to offer. There’s also the Sports Car, the Funny Car Racer, Dragster and more! You can find them here online, or at better hobby stores and retailers everywhere. But remember: if it doesn’t have the Revell® name and Boy Scouts of America seal, it’s not an officially licensed Pinewood Derby® Product!
Here’s why Pinewood Derby® Racer Kits stand out:
- Official wheels and axles included! Unlike some other kits, Racer Kits include official Pinewood Derby® wheels and axles. That makes them a convenience for you, instead of something extra to buy.
- A better body. Racer Series bodies give you a head start on good looks. They’re CAD-drawn and preshaped to eliminate unnecessary work. Sand it smooth…and you’re ready to paint.
- Sandpaper and decals included. The sandpaper you need? It’s included, along with one peel & stick decal sheet. Let the good looks roll!
- Weight for performance tuning. Make sure your car’s weight is race legal on race day. You can remove excess weight by breaking sections at the scores — and secure the weight to the chassis with double-sided tape.
- Detail parts included. Realistic looks come from getting the big details right, and your Sports Car has ‘em, including a big block engine, “chrome” pipes and “flame” decals. No shaping or painting required — just install and you’re ready to cruise the strip in custom style.
- Shaped pinewood block
- Peel & stick decal sheet
- 1 sheet each of 120- & 220-grit sandpaper
- Instruction sheet
- 4 each of official wheels and axles
- Stick-on chassis weight
- Exhaust pipes
- 4 screws
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD — Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
Boy Scouts of America®, the Universal Emblem, Pinewood Derby® are registered trademarks or
trademarks of the Boy Scouts of America. Manufactured under license. All rights reserved.
© 1995- Revell Inc. A subsidiary of Hobbico, Inc.